Saturday, September 15, 2007

The Postman Only Had to Ring Once (No Spoilers)

I was rabidly waiting for the sock club shipment this morning - pacing back and forth and then to my front door to peer out the peephole at my empty porch. By the time the postman arrived and rang the doorbell, I might have actually been frothing at the mouth. In any case, he was spared any harm that might otherwise have come to him by the fact that he was carrying "the box".

I won't ruin anyone's surprise here, but I do want to say this: You will not be disappointed. Jen has outdone herself. I am very pleased with the yarn. I couldn't have done better if I had chosen it for myself. It's beautiful and goes perfectly with the pattern. One of my very favorite dyers is to thank for that, but I said "no spoilers" and I meant it.

Thanks, Jen. I'm very excited to start knitting. I knew if anyone could do a sock club right, it was you.

By the way, this is my first post here, I live in Kentucky with my husband and teen-aged daughter. Fall seems to be arriving, and I am thanking Zeus for that, because as the cold weather arrives, it may become easier to get my daughter to cover up her little butt. She's lovin' the short shorts. Me - not so much.

When I'm not knitting, which is not often, I'm reading about knitting or daydreaming about knitting.

Speaking of knitting, I have new yarn to sniff and new socks to start.

I'm gonna go start them now.

Happy knitting, Everyone!

No comments: