Monday, September 17, 2007

Hello and Answers to Your Questions

Hi there everyone! I'm so happy to hear that most of you love the first sock club kit! I know there are a few of you who still have not received your kits, so I won't divulge too much information here. :)

A couple of questions I did want to address:

1) There should only be 3 pattern repeats on the cuff of the sock. On page 2 of the pattern, just below the lace sequence, the directions indicate to repeat rows 1-6 of the lace pattern 3 times. If you are following the pattern exactly, this is how many you should have. Sorry if this was unclear!

2) Someone asked if it's possible to increase the number of stitches by 5 to make the sock larger. Yes, this is possible; however, I am not sure how this is going to affect the amount of yarn you will need for each sock and it could be possible that you run out of yarn for your socks. If this is the case, let me know, as we do have some extra skeins available for purchase at a discount if needed. Also, if you do end up running short on yarn, post here. There may be some that end up with extra yarn that they may be willing to donate to you! :)

3) Another question - "If I want to make the cuff a tad longer, will I have enough yarn?" Answer: Yes, most likely. There is enough yarn included to knit probably one more pattern repeat into the cuff.

If you run across any other questions, please feel free to email me directly at jennifer@woolgirl.com or post here. I will try my best to answer your questions quickly!

I will be sending each of you an invite to the Woolgirl Sock Club Flickr group in the next day, so watch your emails for that! I can't wait to see your photos!

Oh, and remember to enter the Miss Babs Color Inspiration contest by emailing me at MissBabs@woolgirl.com. I am looking forward to your creative responses!

Happy Knitting!

2 comments:

B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.