Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My favorite Georgia O'Keefe painting ~ Deb B. (knitiot)

1924 Autumn Leaves, Lake George NY

I was born and raised in New England so this painting says "home" to me. There is nothing like Home, no matter where that is. Autumn is my favorite time of year. I love to go to the pumpkin patch and go on hayrides and run through corn or hay mazes with my kids. I especially love Apple pie and Apple cider. In my hometown, we have an Apple Orchard where you can go and pick your own apples right off of the tree and then go into the store and have some fresh cider and apple cider donuts.

Every year, we walked in a walk-a-thon and one of the stops was always at the apple orchard where we would be offered cider and donuts before going on our way again. These are some of my favorite childhood memories. It was a time when my whole family was together, before divorce disrupted everything and everyone scattered.

When I see this painting, all I remember is the happy times. Sock yarn makes me as happy as Autumn does. :)

No comments: