Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Tulips




OOOOOOOO-aaahhhhhhhh How wonderfully beautiful! I'm talking about the blossomly awesome sock club shipment I received today. I don't know how you do it...but I love my sock club shipments.

Tulips are my favorite flowers. I have had the wonderful experience of traveling to Holland and enjoying the fields upon fields of tulips. What a sight to behold. It is my reminder that after Winter, Spring is coming and gives me a sense of being refreshed and renewed along with the rest of nature.

Tulips
Kingdom: Plantae
Division: Magnoliophyta
Class: Liliopsida
Order: Liliales
Family: Liliaceae
Genus: Tulipa

Surprisingly, the tulip did not originate in Holland but in the Ottoman Empire and is indigenous to Turkey and other parts of Central Asia.

I love them because they are beatiful, come in so many interesting colors and varieties and almost everyone can recognize it when they see it. Classy, sassy, cool, and calming.

No comments: