Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Cherry Blossoms

Imagine my surprise when I opened my sock club kit and not only did it have my favorite flower but also one of my very favorite sock yarns! That is what I call "providence"!

The Cherry Blossom Tree produces the most delicate flower yet stems from a strong and sturdy tree, in so many different varieties! There is a very long and rich history of the Cherry Blossom tree seated very deep in US history as well as Japan and has reached out across other countries. Cherry Trees embody culture, history and goodwill.

Since I was a child I have always had a fascination with this gentle flower. I have many tea pots with the flower on it. Cherry Blossom Bonsai Tree sitting next to my desk at home! I'm not quite sure where or how I became so enamored with this flower as I am from Texas and it is not usually found in that area... but it made its way into my world, I think it would be so wonderful to have a lane lined with this spectacular tree. What a site that would be? Someday...













Druanna

No comments: