Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Pair of socks for my daughter


I am a bad sock club member...... I just could not get the pattern to work to fit me so my daughter has just said after about the 5th attempt... "Mom, Just make me a pair since it's not working out for you." So, that is what I did. These are a 1x1 rib for the cuff and 2x2 for the leg of the sock; after the gusset I went back to the 2x2 rib all around the foot so that they would not twist around her foot and then into the toe decreases. I love the yarn and love the way the socks feel on my hands and my daughter is also in love with them and doesn't want to take them off. But, she does because it's just to warm yet to wear them. I can't wait for the next shipment to see if I might just be able to get the next pattern to work. I do love all the finished socks pictures. So, in the meantime I will knit my yarn from chewy spaghetti's holiday sock club while I wait for shipment number 2.

No comments: